With a sleeker shape, a radiant new finish, and a host of refined features, the Katana II enhances the spirit of the original Katana, achieving the perfect balance of cutting-edge design and technology.
* Ultra Slim profile
* Three Color Options
o Cosmic Black
o Pink Fascination
o Midnight Steel
* VGA resolution
* Digital Zoom (up to 1-12 steps)
* Brightness Controls
* Color Tone/Picture Effects
* Sprint Picture Mail capable
Bluetooth® Wireless Technology
* Bluetooth Ver. 2.0
* Bluetooth profiles:
o GAP, SPP, GOEP (General)
o HSP (Headsets)
o HFP (Hands-free car kits)
o OPP (vCard transfer)
o DUN (Dial-up networking)
Sprint Navigation capable
* An optional GPS service, Sprint Navigation lets you get spoken and visual turn-by-turn directions with full-color moving maps.
* Powerful features include voice entry of destinations, traffic alerts in major cities, a low gas price finder and more.
Wireless Backup capable
* With Wireless Backup enabled, the Katana II automatically stores a backup of your Contacts to a secure location on the Sprint web site.
* If your phone is lost or stolen, Wireless Backup quickly restores your Contacts to the replacement phone without keying in the entries
Limit Use Feature
* Restrict Incoming and/or Outgoing Calls to only the Phone Book entries
* Lock or Unlock Voice Calls, and/or Sprint Vision (web and downloads)
* Great for parents or business managers
Sprint Family Locator capable
* An optional GPS service from Sprint that allows you to locate your loved ones from your phone or the web.
* Convenient features like Safety Checks SM enable parents to receive automatic notification (via email or text message) at pre-scheduled times.
* Also offers an easy, Web-based method of adding and maintaining contacts
Sprint Vision® capable
* Browse the Web (WAP 2.0 browser)
* Access web email and instant messaging services
* Download applications, games, ringers, and screensavers
Phone as Modem
With Sprint SmartView and the required Sprint Power Vision service plan, the Katana II can be used as a mobile modem for your laptop using an optional USB cable or Bluetooth
* Connect at broadband-like speeds while within Power Vision coverage areas
* To download the Sprint SmartView software, please visit: http://www.sprint.com/downloads.
* Speakerphone (15mm rear-ported) with dedicated speakerphone key
* 2.5 mm standard headset jack
* 2.0" QVGA, 65K-color Main LCD
* Main LCD offers new IPS (In-Plane Switching) technology for wide-angle viewing with superior brightness and contrast
* 1.0" color, external LCD display
* 2-way SMS (Text, Voice)
* Instant Messaging (IM) capable
* Web-based Email capable (e.g. AOL®, Windows Live (Hotmail/MSN), PCS Mail)
* Voice-activated dialing (up to 30 entries)
* Caller-ID capability (Number, Picture, Ringer)
* Call Screening (Pre-recorded or custom 12-second announcement)
* Voice Memo (Recording time: up to 3 min.)
* Phone Book: 300 name entries with 500 total phone numbers, 600 Email and 300 Web Addresses
* Call History - Voice calls: 20 outgoing calls, 20 incoming calls, 20 missed calls, 60 recent calls
* Calendar / To-Do list
* Alarm Clock
* World Clock
* Stop Watch
* Countdown Timer
* Vibrating Alert (4 distinctive)
* T9 Text Input
* 72-Chord Polyphonic ringers
* TTY Capable
* M4 Hearing Aid Compatibility (HAC) Rating
* Digital Dual-Band - 1.9 GHz, 800 MHz
Excellent Battery Performance
* Talk Time - Standard Battery: up to 3.5 hours
* Talk Time - Optional Extended Battery: up to 5.8 hours
(Battery performance estimates reflect tested CDMA usage. Actual results may vary.)
Dimensions & Weight
* Unit Dimensions (H x W x D): 3.7" x 1.9" x 0.6"
* Unit Weight: 3.1 oz.